Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday - 2nd week

Nothing much to report - had PT this morning - Ivan is just doing some very basic things with me that you would think - oh brother - like walking in a line while holding a ball - now that sounds difficult, doesn't it? Well if you could see me stumbling and falling, you would think I had only a tightrope under me - but no, it's the whole floor! I have to remember - that's why I'm here. I would love to see some improvements in some of those areas of balance and coordination, but I can't get too expectant. They will come at the right time.

I'm getting to coach some football while I'm here - that's fun. Ivan happens to play QB for a local football team (real football). I won't tell you how we got from that tidbit to me coaching him (yes, it involves Kathy), but I enjoy talking QB stuff anyway. So he is coming by the apt after his work and we are going to talk QB play and drills. His little brother plays QB for his team too, so we're hoping to get the whole family throwing better spirals. Of course, he can't stay too long because the Yankees are on TV tonight and then the Celtics - QB's, Yanks, & Celtics - that makes for a good night!

Don't touch that remote - hasta mañana!


2 comments:

  1. Sam,

    Thank you for the updates throughout your journey and keep the photos coming.
    Our prayers are with you and your family.
    We can't wait to see and hear from you when you get home.

    Scott and Sandi Myers

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAM!! I'm keeping up with yooouu. :) When you talk about not doing much and people saying --oh brother-- I completely know what you're talking about!! Before I got out of the hospital the last time, they had me pretty much doing exactly what you're doing!! I was also sent home with a cane and had to use it for the first 3 weeks I was home. Luckily Jake went and picked one out for me and got a cute purple one for me :) I pray for you every day Sam. One of my friend's daughter is very sick and she set up a webpage similar to yours to keep everyone updated and told me about it, so I set one up too!! :) If you ever want to or have time to visit mine the site is: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/caliwillingham or if that doesn't work you can just go to www.CaringBridge.org and enter my name caliwillingham.

    Keep going strong Sam...not only do I look to our Father for strength, but reading and keeping up with you also gives me great encouragement and faith!!

    Hope you have a fabulous day!! We love you!! Jake and Cali

    ReplyDelete