Monday, June 14, 2010

2nd Week begins


For the next 3 weeks I will be on the same schedule - Mon & Fri will be PT and injection day; Tue, Wed, & Thur will be PT only. So today I went to PT before lunch then had my 3rd injection at 3:30 - as always, after the injection, I had to come home and lie flat for over 3 hours. I got up at 7:30, and Kathy had a tasty tuna salad with a big bowl of fruit salad waiting on me.

The PT trainer, Ivan (on my left in the picture), is working on my balance and legs 3 days a week and focusing on my core strength the other 2 days. That's one thing that is bad about MS - you can't do very much because of the disease, so while you do nothing, your muscles are deteriorating and your coordination is worsening. Therefore, you get worse because your nerves don't work correctly and because of your lack of exercise. You're double-dipping in the wrong direction. Hopefully Ivan is going to help that problem and will teach us what to do when we return. Everyone is very nice and very helpful here.

Steve is into his 4th and final week and seems to be doing well with the treatments. Suzie is coming back tomorrow and I know he is looking forward to having her here again. Everyone reminds us that it will take several weeks after we get home to see some distinguishable results, so we are being very patient and trusting.

Until tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is going well....glad also that you are representing yo' colors in that you got yo' ennis lions shirt on !!!!
    Love ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do either of those guys have any eligibility left?

    Praying for your health and safe return,
    Brick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like ya'll are doing well. Remember if you need some fat cells donated, I have plenty! Just got back from second marriage conference TBarM. Awesome weekend. Wish ya'll were there, but know you're where God wants you right now. Praying for healing!!!! God is good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete