Thursday, June 17, 2010

Favorite Book & Good News

Today was another slow day with only PT.
I'm glad I knew there would be some down time during these weeks - that's why I brought an Ipod with songs, 5 audiobooks (I've finished 3), and 15 podcasts from the Beltway church in Abilene. I have plenty of encouraging things to listen to during my downtime. However, my favorite "book" of encouragement is one the football team gave me on our last day of regular classes. The pages contain note cards from the players with their own words of support. I read it again this morning - some make me laugh, some bring a tear, and all give me confidence! Thanks guys (players and coaches) - you're the Best!

When I got up this morning, I really felt like my walking and balance were decisively better. I didn't want to say anything to Kathy, but she said "you look like you're walking better." Then at PT Ivan said, "you're walking faster than I am." Now after PT, my legs were wobbly like always so the fatigue factor is still there, but we have seen the first sign of actual improvement in 4 years! Now let's not think it's time for the celebration cake yet, but you might start preheating that oven!

4 comments:

  1. Yee-haw!! What wonderful news! I'll be working on something with chocolate and peanut butter for you. You just made my week!! Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news! We are saving that Rum Cake for your return - it should be just about "right"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news! Praying for daily improvement, even if it is ever so slight! Larry and Holly McRae

    ReplyDelete