Friday, March 25, 2011

Ultima dia - Last Day

We are flying back to Texas tomorrow, so this will probably be our last blog. Thank you for reading, and I hope it has given you a little better idea of what's going on here with the treatments and with Panama City. It's a very interesting city that you need to visit someday.

I definitely want to say thanks to Jack & Jean for making the trip with me again. They were great! I felt like they spent most of their time walking to Super 99 and Super Kosher and preparing meals - Jean would always fix meals that were "legal" on the Bio-Fit eating plan. It's not a diet because if you follow it, you will be eating healthy and eating all day! I could have never made it without them. I hope we can return one day simply to eat at Napolis and chase raspado vendors - Jean's two "must do's"!

I also want to say thanks to all of the wonderful folks who made these stem cell treatments possible. So many incredible coaches and friends across the state and many great folks from Ennis and Ellis Co all made it possible by giving to the Foundation of Hope last year. You were so generous that your gifts funded the trip in June and this second trip, and I would have not made either one without you. We called it Foundation of Hope because you have put Hope back in my life, and I will be forever grateful!

I am also thankful for Dr. Davis and others who created the Foundation and who are still managing it and looking to do more through it. Our hope is for Steve and me to be at the next fund raising event and to jog up to the podium this time so you can be a witness to what these treatments have done for us, and we can all raise more funds for others who have been struck with MS.

I want to say thanks and bid farewell to my friends in Panama at the clinic and at Bio-Fit - Dr. Herrero, Dr. Hernandez, Dr. Paz, Dr. Randy, nurse Santamaria, nurse Tamara, Samantha, Vivianne, Silvia, Yelena, both Robertos, our drivers, Lou, Senor Jarvier, Dick, and the others at Bio-fit, and to Luis, the best taxi man in Panama. I'm looking forward to coming home, but it was still a little sad leaving those people today - this being the second visit made them all feel like good friends.

After my last injection today, I came back to lie flat for the 2 1/2 hours, and then we went to the Multi-Plaza Mall to eat our final dinner in Panama. Jack got pizza, Jean got sushi, and I got KFC - sounds like some true Panamanian food, doesn't it. We're ready for some good Texas barbeque and Mexican food.

Thanks again for everything - love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment